Sandwich maker is one of the most popular kitchen appliances that helps in making healthy breakfast. It is also one of the oldest kitchen appliances that are frequently used in many households. There was a time when restaurant were not established everywhere, and most travelers has very option for eating fresh and hot foods. In those times, people use to prepare sandwiches and ate them while they were on long journey. These sandwiches were not like modern sandwich makers which we have today, they were made with equipment that was placed over the open fire to prepare the meals.
Benefits of Sandwich Maker
- Sandwich maker takes very less time and cooks the bread evenly from all sides.
- Most sandwich makers are compact and small in size, making it portable. They can also be easily placed in anywhere in the kitchen as it takes really less space.
- It is very easy to use the device and anyone can use it with perfection. This is one of the best products for bachelors and working people.
- Allows you to make healthy meals. If you are a vegetarian, you can create a great variety of nutritious veggie sandwiches. It will help you to maintain your diet while still enjoying a delicious meal.
- Most sandwich makers are dishwasher safe and hence cleaning them is easy.
- Have a family of six or even more, with kids and teens whose hunger seems forever not satiated? With the sandwich maker, you are able to make healthy sandwich which is rich in nutrients for every member of your family in quick time.
- Not only for preparing sandwiches, you also use it for preparing various other types of food. It is up to your creativeness and cooking skills. Typically, it is used for heating and grilling.
- One of the best things about sandwich maker is that most of them are not only sandwich makers. Many of them have interchangeable parts and features which make them multi-purposeful. The most common feature of sandwich makers is that they double as an indoor grill.
- One of the important advantages of using the sandwich maker is that you can prepare healthy and less oily breakfast recopies. Most panini press are designed in a way small amount of oil is enough to prepare food and whatever oil person pour into the device, the minimum amount is used. Sandwich maker contains grease eliminator surface, that’s why conquer in healthy cooking.
History of Sandwich Maker
You may not believe, but sandwich is among the oldest appliances that human beings have made for preparing foods. If you look at its primary form, it has hardly anything above two slices of bread along with some form of stuffing or filling at the middle. After many years of improvement, sandwich maker has evolved with so many features and different kinds, but traditionally sandwiches were eaten when it was not feasible to eat normal food, like when you were working or when you were traveling.
Modern day sandwich maker was first invented by Charles Champion prior to 1920, the sandwich maker debuted as the Tostwich in the United States. In 1925, Champion received the official patent recognizing his invention of the sandwich maker. As for panini grill, it is known that its was invented by Thomas Edision. Earlier sandwich grill consists of two metal plates that are hinged together. The plates get hot when the device is plugged in. The two plates clamp shut, pressing both sides of the sandwich together, while warming the filling inside. Unfortunately, Edison’s novel approach to sandwich-making didn’t get much attention from home cooks. It was discontinued in the early 1930s, according to the museum at Thomas Edison’s winter estate in Fort Myers, FL, where the celebrated scientist’s sandwich grill is on display.
In 1974, Breville in Australia, launched “Snack ‘n’ Sandwich toaster” that had one unique “Cut-n-steal” system which cut the sandwich in a diagonal way through the middle & sealed the sides additionally. That design became so famous that it almost 400,000 units during it’s first year of release. This is the reason why even today, Brivelle is widely used in various parts of world for sandwich toasters. The exact design is inspiration for majority of manufacturers since then. Today’s best sandwich maker in India are highly versatile and have lots of features. You can not just make sandwiches but also many other healthy and delicious recipes
History of the Panini Press
Early usage of the word Panini for a grilled sandwich made with a small loaf of bread or ciabatta roll dates back to 16th century Italy. The modern Panini, however, became famous in cafes and bars in Milan in the 1970s and 80s. They were made with salami, ham, mortadella, and cheese. The sandwich soon became popular in the U.S., with regional varieties becoming popular in different areas of the country.
Sandwich Maker Working Principle
Modern sandwich toasters have lots many features. The hot plates are often removable and dishwasher safe. They have a fantastic non-stick coating. They have different heat settings, and come in different sizes to suit your needs. A basic sandwich maker consists of 2 hinged concave, round or square metal, plates on long handles. The plates clamp together to form an enclosed compartment meant for cooking stuffed sandwiches. The plates seal the outside edges of the bread together, to completely enclose the filling. They are typically made of cast iron to cook over coal or open flames. Stove top units are also available, made of aluminium and sometimes coated with a non-stick surface.